- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 oz or 2 Tbsp walnut or almond oil
- 1 oz chopped toasted nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans)
- 4 ripe peaches halved and stone removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together lime juice, nutmeg, sugar, and oil.
- Place peaches, cut side up in baking dish so they fit snugly. Divide the sugar mixture between the peach halves.
- Bake 20 minutes until the syrup is bubbling and there are golden-brown flecks on the peaches. Baste peaches occasionally with juices while cooking.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over peaches and serve warm. Serves 4.
- See sweet ripen sautéed plantains as dessert (p 13 can duplicate here)