- 2 pork shoulder or loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup unfermented apple cider (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup each sliced onion and 1/2 small mango, pared, pitted and diced
- 1/2 small apple, cored and dices
- 1 cup cooked long-grained rice (hot) Italian (flat-leaf) parsley sprigs
On rack in broiling pan broil pork chops 5 inches from heat source, turning once, until rare, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from broiler and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish combine carrot, cider, onion, mango, apple; top with pork chops. Cover and bake until pork chops are fork tender and vegetables are thoroughly cooked, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve over hot rice and garnish with parsley.