- 2 Tbsp apple vinegar
- ¼ cup Apricot preserve (check label all fruit has 0% sodium)
- 2 tsp Vegetable or Olive oil
- ½ lb fresh whole green beans, ends trimmed
- Bowl of cold water with ice for blanching
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Unsalted almond slices (unroasted best) for garnish
- Whisk first 3 ingredients to make dressing and set aside.
- Bring pot of water (enough to cover beans) to a rolling boil.
Add green beans, cook for about 5-8 minutes, should be somewhat crisp. Do not cover to preserve green color. Immediately remove green beans into ice water bath to stop cooking. Drain.
Arrange beans on platter and drizzle dressing on top. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and garnish with almonds. Can serve at room temperature.