- 8 quail with rib ones removed or sleeved-boned (ask butcher to do this) or 2 hens.
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 Tsp dried
- 1 Tsp crushed fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
Wash and dry quail or split hens, place in large resealable freezer bag. Pour marinade over quail, massage liquid to coat birds well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 12 hours.
Prepare grill, gas or charcoal, heat until hot. Remove poultry and drain excess liquid, discard marinade. Place poultry on grill. Turn and grill until cooked through, juices run clear. Remove to serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Place lemon halves cut side down on grill for 3 minutes.
Serve quail or hens immediately with grilled lemon halves and garnish with fresh parsley sprigs. Serves 4.