- Heat ¼ cup oil in frying pan
- Add ¼ to ½ tsp fenugreek seeds, sauté in oil until black
- Add 1.5 Tbsp chopped ginger
- Add 1 large cubed potato (peeled, no skin allowed), brown on all sides, cover and lower heat
- When well browned add 1 cauliflower chopped or broken
- Add 1.5 Tsp of turmeric. Cover.
- Stir occasionally until potatoes are soft or done. If sticking add 1-2 tablespoons of water
- Add 1.5 tsp each cumin power, coriander powder
- Add 1 cup of peas
- 1-2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- Stir well, uncover, when hot remove from heat, no not overcook. Serves 6-8
- Scrape skin off fresh ginger with spoon do not peel with knife for maximum flavor.
- To adjust for 2 servings, use ¼ head of cauliflower and reduced seasonings proportionally.
- Fenugreek (small yellowish seeds) can be found in gourmet, Asian or organic stores.
- Turmeric (golden yellow powder) used in curry seasonings. Found in most grocery stores in regular spice section. For combination of turmeric, cumin and coriander seasonings can substitute 2 tsp or more of yellow curry powder (with no preservatives or salt) will give a curry-like taste.