- Use white (Russet, Idaho, baking not waxy) or sweet potatoes
- Peel and slice potatoes into uniform strips. Narrow for extra crispy, wide for Texas style.
- Place in cool water 10-15 minutes, rinse and dry well (wet potatoes will not have “fried” texture).
- In a large bowl add potatoes and while shaking the bowl with one hand drizzle 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over the potatoes until they are coated.
- Seasonings: grate black pepper, sprinkle dried oregano on white potatoes
- Oils: use truffle oil for white potatoes, macadamia or coconut for sweet potatoes
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven. Flip potatoes after 12-15 minutes and bake until done and crispy.