- 2 large chickens
- 2 large onions or 2 leeks diced
- 5 carrots sliced in large chunks
- Small bunch of parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Add chickens and onions to 6 to 8 cups of boiling water. As it boils, skim dark foam off with a slotted spoon.
- After boiling for about 20 minutes, add remaining ingredients. Boil slowly for about 40 minutes longer uncovered. When chickens are tender, remove from soup. (You can always boil down broth if it is too watery).
- Strain (to remove veggies) into 1 or 2 pint containers and keep for other recipes. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 5 months.