Any fresh water fish: Carp, River Trout, or Brook Trout. All vegetables should be fresh, not canned.
- 4 Ibs. of fish, either whole or fillets
- 3 tablespoons of oil (canola or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 large potatoes – scrubbed and par-boiled whole, for about 20 minutes; when cool, cut into quarters or large chunks
- 1/2 lb. string beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- garlic, parsley, basil, tarragon, paprika seasoning
- 1/4 cup of quick cooking oatmeal cereal for coating fish Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a large roasting pan (I like an oblong glass roasting pan) Put all veggies in and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Toss to coat with oil and spices.
- Use the remaining oil to brush both sides of the fish.
- Sprinkle seasoning on fish and then sprinkle with oatmeal. Set fish aside. Cover veggies with silver foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Very carefully, remove foil from veggies, mix and place fish on top of veggies and sprinkle with any of the oatmeal that fell off of fish.
- Bake 20 minutes more and then test fish for doneness. If it is flaky and firm, it is done. Baste with liquid in roasting pan and then put the dish under the broiler to brown a little. If fish is not finished, bake for 5 minutes longer and check again; when done, place under broiler to finish.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- For a little different flavor, add 1 cup diced tomatoes to veggies