- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried crushed chilies
- 14 oz (1 ¾ cups) chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Place quinoa in a non-stick frying pan and dry-fry over a medium heat, stirring frequently until it starts to pop. Put aside.
- Sauté onion in oil until lightly golden
- Add garlic, bay leaves, chilies and tomatoes with an equal quantity of water (1 cup) to the quinoa and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Stir in parsley to serve. Serves 4.