In heavy bottom saucepan add:
- 2 Tablespoons of walnut or almond oil
- ½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat oil on medium heat, add seasoning and cook gently until hot.
- If serving as dessert add 1-2 Tablespoons of brown sugar to taste or sweetness of fruit
- Turn off heat.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir well to blend
- Wash and slice 4 peaches in half, remove stone.
- Brush the 8 peach halves with lemon mixture and place cut side down on hot grill. Brush skin with lemon mixture.
- After grill marks have formed on peach halves flip over to skin side and close the grill lid.
- Continue to grill for 3-5 minutes until peaches are heated through and juices accumulated in center of peach half well.
- Carefully remove peach halves to serving dish so that the juices do not spill out. Pour any remaining butter sauce over the peaches and cover with lid or plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
Excellent compliment for grilled chicken or pork, garnish with chopped fresh sage leaves. As a dessert serve alone or garnish with fresh raspberries, roasted walnuts and/or fresh mint.