- Chicken with cabbage and carrots
- ½ Cup corn or safflower oil
- 4 small onions, roughly sliced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ Cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-4 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons of ground mustard
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
Mix well, pour into gallon size sealable plastic bag or glass/metal container. Add 5-6 pounds chicken cut into serving pieces and toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
Add 2 Tbsp of oil to large skillet, heat until hot. Remove chicken from marinade, drain and sauté. Remove when browned to separate dish. Add the remainder of marinade to boil, scraping up any bits from bottom of pan. Return chicken back to pan. Cover and cook for 15 minutes
While cooking cut:
- ½ cabbage head into chunks
- 3 carrots into chunks
- Add cabbage and carrots to pan continue to cook until chicken is done. Stir occasionally.
Serve with couscous. Serves 6-8.