- 1-2 Tbsp Chili pepper or favorite hot pepper chopped very fine
- 2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1-2 Tbsp Turbinado or light brown sugar
- While dressing cools prepare the cucumber.
- 1 Thin skin (Jerusalem) or peeled cucumber
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mint chopped
- In saucepan heat these ingredients until sugar dissolves and then let cool.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds using spoon and slice thinly.
- Toss with chopped cilantro, mint and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour cooled dressing over cucumbers and mix just before serving so cucumbers are crisp. Serve chilled or at room temperature.